Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Just Can't Finish

My (in progress) manuscript has been traveling.

From the computer to paper...
From the desk to the living room...
From my house to grandma's (over Christmas)...
And back home again, in a grocery sack, on top of the printer.

It's sad, really. I printed it out in hopes of doing something with it. It's such a cute story, and I really love it so far. There is just one problem.

I just can't finish it.

It's like every other undone project in my life. It was exciting to start it, and for a while it's all I could think about. Move aside lunch, I have this to do! No I can't do housework, I'm on a roll!

I'm not sure where I lost motivation or ideas. When I sit down to work on it, my brain goes limp.

I printed it out in an attempt to trick myself into reading it like it was new to me, and I had visions of having grand ideas rush to my head, whereupon I would grab a pen and furiously write until I would find the last page....

Maybe I should just go back to the digital file.

1 comment:

  1. Do you want me to read it and come up with an amazing ending? I have zero writing talent, but I would try. For you!

    ReplyDelete